Tip Tuesday! Don’t Search… Find with Autodesk PLM 360
With PLM 360’s new, fast, accurate search experience, you too can find what you’re looking for. Find more in our Help.
As a user of PLM 360, I find the new cross-workspace search really helpful. A question recently came up on our Discussion Forum about how the results are displayed, so I figured I’d share that info here.
The new search returns results sorted by score – most relevant result first. The scoring algorithm is determined by a proven and tuned model consisted of several dials measuring different levels of information:
- frequency of search term on the item i.e. how often does it appear on an item
- how often the term appears across the entire search space
- number of terms from the query found on the item in case its a multi-word query
- measure of the importance of a search term according to the total number of terms on a given field
- finally some bias indexing and searching boost levers for specific fields like item descriptor
Thanks to my teammate Martin for that level of detail – hope that helps you guys understand it’s not just a random list.
Happy finding! Guess I no longer need to have U2 stuck in my head…